Paris France & Overland Park, Kan December 2013 – Far from a mere styling exercise, a true aviator sunglass must deliver uncompromised performance at all times. While the look helps identify the breed, aviators are truly defined by an ability to provide clear vision and a secure, comfortable fit. With the most technologically-advanced lenses available and frames meticulously crafted from a carefully selected range of premium materials for light weight, comfort and durability, all eight members of the Serengeti Pilot collection have earned their wings.
Aerial Norcia- The eight-model line features two new models – Aerial and Norcia – and six existing models reconfigured to meet the performance criteria of the collection.
“When designing eyewear for pilots, there’s absolutely no room for error,” said Dani LaGace – Global Director of Eyewear. “Every detail of the eight models in this new collection – has been carefully vetted for its intended purpose.”
Because few environments are as demanding as the cockpit of an airplane, all Pilot Collection models are fitted with Ultra-Light glass lenses. Made with borosilicate optical glass from Corning®, these lenses are chemically tempered for scratch and impact resistance. As is the case with all Serengeti eyewear, Pilot Collection sunglasses are equipped with two technologies to optimize common interactions with light, reducing eye strain and improving visual acuity:
- Photochromic – Pioneered by Serengeti, this technology instantly adjusts tint to compensate for changing light conditions, such as climbs and descents in and out of cloud cover.
- Spectral Control – Manages specific colors in the light spectrum to sharpen contrasts. Combined with photochromic technology, this feature provides a significant advantage in foggy conditions.
Pilot Collection sunglasses are offered in three different lens tints, each chosen for distinct performance characteristics:
- 555nm® – Ideal for bright conditions, manages yellow and green light transmission to cool and relax the eyes. A light silver mirror coating further reduces eyestrain by minimizing the effects of glare.
- Drivers® – Ideal for changing conditions, enhancing color and contrast while lightening and darkening to provide optimal light transmission.
- Drivers Gradient – Progressively lighter tint as the eye moves from the top to the bottom of the lens – as when glancing at instrumentation
Frames are constructed with a range of premium materials, including titanium and acetate, chosen for light weight and durability. All Pilot Collection sunglasses have precision hinges and adjustable silicone nose pads.
Bushnell Eyewear is a global manufacturing and marketing organization headquartered in Suresnes, France. A division of Bushnell Outdoor Products, Bushnell Eyewear brands include: Serengeti®; Bollé® and Cébé®. For more information, contact Breakaway Communications at 860.346.5385.