Celebrating Kids Who Wear Glasses the first Great Glasses PlayDayis coming up August 5.
Join to celebrate children in glasses, or contacts or patches! This is a day to show how proud we are of our children in glasses, how thankful we are for better vision for our kids, but most of all, just to have fun and support one another!
There are many ways to celebrate …
- Participate in a variety of online celebrations of better vision for our children! We’ll have some contests and giveaways and ways to connect with others.
- Join us for an in-person Great Glasses Play Day at beautiful Lake Harriet in Minneapolis, MN! There will be playing and activities and even a parade!
- Plan your own (or join another) Great Glasses Play Day elsewhere! We’ll help you organize and find others nearby!
The Great Glasses Play Day is meant to be a day of imaginative play, celebration, and support.
- Support: Support children who wear glasses or who have other vision issues, and their families.
- Celebrate: Celebrate the advances in eyewear, that not only allows our children to see more clearly, but also act as a way to express our children’s unique style.
- Educate: Educate parents about the importance of early eye exams by an eye care professional and vision screenings in addition to follow up treatment of any issues that are identified. Early treatment can save vision!
- Raise awareness: Raise awareness of the issues of preventable blindness. So many eye issues go undiagnosed and untreated, especially amongst the most vulnerable and poor. And not treating the problems can lead to a lifetime of blindness.